Sunday, September 17, 2023

Holiday In Death by J. D. Robb

 


J. D. Robb's 'In Death' mystery series seems to be very popular with readers. I started listening to (or reading) a few of the novels in the 'In Death' mystery series a few years ago and I have been meaning to read more of them ever since. 

I finished listening to Holiday In Death by J. D. Robb and narrated by Susan Ericksen on September 15, 2023. This is the second novel I've listened to in the 'In Death' mystery series this year. Although, I liked Holiday in Death by J. D. Robb overall, I felt it was a middle of the road read and that this series is becoming formulaic in terms of its characters and storyline. This is too bad as I have other novels in the series waiting to be read or listened to in the future. Susan Ericksen is a decent narrator... good, but not great. The characters need to pop a bit more and not be so much the same old, same old... And as I've already mentioned, the plot/storyline seem to be more formulaic with each read.

Below is the plot summary for Holiday In Death by J. D. Robb found on Goodreads:

No one likes to be alone during the holidays. For New York's most posh dating service, Personally Yours, it is the season to bring lonely hearts together. But Lt. Eve Dallas, on the trail of a ritualistic serial killer, has made a disturbing discovery: all of the victims have been traced to Personally Yours. Eve soon enters an elite world of people searching for their one true love - and one killer searching for his next victim.

I am giving Holiday In Death by J. D. Robb a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment