Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
At the end of each calendar year, I find it very difficult to select my top ten favorite books that I've read because I usually end up reading so many really good books throughout each year.
Below are my top ten favorite books for 2020 in no particular order of preference.
1. George by Alex Gino
2. Becoming by Michelle Obama
3. Saving Ruby King by Catherine Adel West
4. The Parrot Who Owns Me by Joanna Burger
5. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
6. The Familiar Dark by Amy Engel
7. Missoula by Jon Krakauer
8. Jackie As Editor by Greg Lawrence
9. The Real Lolita by Sarah Weinman
10. Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
11. Monster, She Wrote: The Women Who Pioneered Horror and Speculative Fiction by Lisa Kröger and Melanie R. Anderson
What are your favorite books read for 2020? Did you have a difficult time selecting your top ten favorite reads for this year?