Monday, May 2, 2016

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off: The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Paperback Edition
I'm a knitter... I'm a relatively new knitter as I started knitting two years ago in April 2014, but have only spent about 18 months of the last 25 months focused on knitting. 

I love knitting for various reasons. I am also surprised that I have actually become addicted to knitting and yarn as I thought I just learn enough about knitting to make a couple of simple projects and that would that. But I couldn't have been more wrong about my desire to learn more about knitting. I've since gone on to take several knitting classes and have seen my knitting improve with each project I've completed.

But I digress! I'm really here to review a book about knitting titled Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off: The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee that I recently read. This was the first book I've read written by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and I enjoyed reading it.

What did I like about Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's book?? Well, first off, I love her humor!! Ms. Pearl-McPhee is a very witty and engaging writer that keeps you laughing and wanting to read more about the wonderful world of knitting. I can relate quite a bit to what she has to say about being an avid knitter... And of course, being a newer knitter, I also learned a lot of new things as well. I also enjoyed all the graphics that filled Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off: The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting.

Here's blurb about Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off: The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee from Amazon's website:
Cast off with Stephanie Pearl-McPhee on the ultimate journey through the knitter’s world. Pack your crafting bag, chart a course to the nearest yarn shop, and pick your traveling companion by looking for the telltale needle holes in her purse. With wry humor and a contagiously obsessive love for everything knitted, Pearl-McPhee takes you on a hilarious tour of the Land of Knitting and introduces you to the wacky, wonderful people that choose to inhabit it.
I am giving Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off: The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars. If you are a knitter, then I highly recommend reading this book!

Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment