Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday --- Top Ten Author Duos You'd LOVE To See Write A Book Together!!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

The following are the Top Ten Author Duos I'd LOVE To See Write A Book Together!! 

1. Ernest Hemingway & John Steinbeck -- I know both of these Nobel Prize winning authors are both deceased... But wouldn't it be great to see what these two literary giants would write if they had written a novel together?? 

2. Jerry Spinelli & Judy Blume --- I like novels written by both of authors, so wonder what kind of young adult and/or children's novel these two authors would write about if they wrote a book together.

3. Robin Lafevers & Diana Gabaldon --- Both of these women write captivating historical fiction filled with interesting characters. I'd enjoy reading a historical novel they would create together.

4. Margaret Atwood & Barbara Kingsolver --- The writing of both of these women is amazing, so I would be very interested in what sort of novel they would create together.

5. Dame Agatha Christie & Sir Arthur Conan Doyle --- These two iconic British writers are much loved by fans around the world for their writing as well as iconic characters. It would be interesting to see what sort of novel the two of them would write together if they could only join forces!

6. Geraldine Brooks & Sue Monk Kidd --- Love each of these author's writing styles and their unique voices, so I would enjoy reading a novel they would write together.

7. Jules Verne & H. G. Wells ---I'd love to read a novel created by Jules Verne and H. G. Wells. I wonder how it would turn out??

8. Elizabeth Gilbert & Amy Stewart --- Both of these authors have written non-fiction and fiction, so it would be interesting to see what they would choose to write about if they put their writing talents together. Would they choose to write fiction or non-fiction??

9. Mikhail Bulgakov & Mikhail Lermontov --- These are my two favorite Russian writers. I love to read what sort of novel they would have written together if they had joined forces.

10. Bonnie Edwards & Sasha White --- I've read an erotica novella by each of these authors and thought each novella was good on it's own merit. I wonder what kind of erotica novel the two of these authors could create together??

Which writers would you pair up to write a novel together?

23 comments:

  1. Great list! Agatha Chrisie and Arthur Conan Doyle would be an amazing partnership, and I'd definitely read something written by Geraldine Brooks and Sue Monk Kidd. I haven't actually read any Kidd yet but she's been on my TBR for a while, and I loved Brooks' Year of Wonders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice list! Not familiar with them all, but will trust your judgment! ;)


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christie and Doyle- what a combo! And Verne and Wells too- I wonder what they would come up with? Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Doyle and Christie could have been a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, look at you pulling out all the classics! Verne and Wells is a great choice! It would be a very interesting read.

    Here is my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Steinbeck and Hemingway would be an interesting combination for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh interesting! :-) Sounds like some very intriguing combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very great list! Agatha Christie and Arthur Conan Doyle would be an awesome pairing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you seen the Hark, A Vagrant cartoon about Wells and Verne? I LOL'd.

    LaFevers and Gabaldon are an interesting combination. I'd certainly read that collaboration in a heartbeat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robin LaFevers and Diana Gabaldon, what an interesting pairing! I'd love to see what kind of fantasy elements they'd include in a joint novel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices! I'd read books by these pairings:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jules Verne and H.G. Wells - Yes, yes, yes!! The same goes for Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie. I would so love to see these! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooo I like number 3! Historical fiction is awesome. Thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! Jules Verne and H.G. Wells would be epic!! Amazing pair!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice list! Agatha Christie's novels always make me jumpy for the next few days after I read them haha~ but they are fantastic and intriguing (I can NEVER guess the outcome. Sometimes I've purposefully tried to pinpoint the most random character because I know she does that, but nope. Never xD)

    I really enjoyed Robin LaFevers' books and I've heard great things about Diana Gabaldon, I'm sure they'd write some awesome fantasy together.

    - Connie @ The YA Book Thief

    ReplyDelete
  16. Numbers 5 & 7 speak to me on a deep level (especially #5, omg). Those partnerships hadn't occurred to me, but are brilliant. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christie and Doyle would be a good match! I think Hemingway was too much of a jerk to co-write anything though LOL Not familiar with some of the rest though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would definitely read a Jerry Spinelli/Judy Blume. I'm imagining characters like Fudge and Stargirl coexisting and I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great list! i would not have thought of some of these!
    Emily @Wholly-Books.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dame Agatha Christie & Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would be incredible. Someone else had that pair as well, and I just need it. NEED.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 1, 4, 5, and 7 - I would pay to read that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOooo Jules Verne and H.G. Wells is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. #5 - can you even imagine how amazing that would have been?? My TTT

    ReplyDelete