Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Ever Wonder What the Future of Reading Will Bring??

I came across an article in Publishers Weekly that answers this very question in an article aptly titled The Future of Reading: 10 Trends for 2014 and Beyond by Rob Salkowitz. 

Do any of these reading trends surprise you? For me, the concept of 'Bookstores as Print-on-demand Showrooms' was a novel concept. I like the idea of bookstores becoming 'Print-on-demand Showrooms'. That way I wouldn't have to special order the book and wait for it to arrive. Nothing like instant bliss!!

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. I like some of these ideas... but I'd really like the idea of keeping things traditional. I know that sounds really backwards of me. But when I want to slow down from this very fast, quick, high-tech world, there's nothing better than grabbing a nice book and reading it with a lovely cup of tea.

    It's just my way of escaping from the computer age for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish sometimes hi-tech gadgets would slow down too. I find myself spending way too much time texting, instant messing, online bill paying, surfing the web, on Facebook, blogging, reading news, online shopping, Bookcrossing and so on.... All stuff I really enjoy doing, but it is wonderful to have some down time away from the computer and other gadgets to find a sunny place to read a book and drink one's beverage of choice too.

      Delete