Thursday, June 20, 2024

Do You Buy, Read, and Collect Books That Pertain to Your Hobbies?

A few of the recent editions to my knitting book collection!!

I knit. So, with that in mind, I do collect physical, nonfiction books that pertain to knitting. I do not have a huge collection of knitting books. My collection of knitting books is small. I hope to add more knitting books to my collection over time.

Do you have a hobby like cooking, gardening, knitting, crocheting, quilting, coin or stamp collecting, etc? If so, do you buy, collect, and read books that pertain to your hobby?

9 comments:

  1. I have several shelves filled with birding and gardening books that I've collected over many years going back to the '80s. I've slowed down on collecting recently but I still treasure the books that I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love that you have a vast collection of books on both birding and gardening.

      Delete
  2. I do a little bit...I own a few books on quilting and mixed media collage...but I try not to go overboard. And sometimes I check them out of the library first to see if they're worth owning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your idea about checking books out from the public library to see if they are worth buying. That is a worthwhile idea.

      Delete
  3. I'm a stamper, so - of course - I have tons of books on stamping, making cards etc. And hubby and I both love cooking, so there are lots and lots of cook books in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how cool! Stamping and card making sounds like so much fun. A friend of mine use to make annual holiday cards using stamping. How wonderful that you and your husband enjoy cooking together! I know a couple of people that enjoy cooking and collect vintage cookbooks.

      Delete
    2. I do that too, Lisa. It's so much fun and everybody loves to receive them.
      Cooking together is also great but the best is that I don't have to cook every day, we also take turns, so the other one can enjoy a home cooked meal as if he were in a restaurant.

      Delete
    3. Marianne, that is nice you both take turns cooking meals for each other.

      Delete
    4. We both have our specialties but we also help each other whenever needed.

      Delete