Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Authors I’d Love to Meet


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader GirlTop Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

This topic has been done before on Top Ten Tuesday, but I'd love to do it again. I've had the opportunity to meet many authors at book signings and book festivals, especially since moving to the San Francisco Bay area. Below is an updated list of the top 10 authors I'd love to met in person!

1. Jerry Spinelli - I've read many of his novels. Most of them I've loved. So, he's be an author I'd love to met in real life.

2. Diana Gabaldon - I love her Outlander series and first began reading her novels back in 1997 when my maternal grandmother (of all people) introduced me to her novels.

3. Margaret Atwood - I became acquainted with Margaret Atwood's writing back in college for a Women In Literature course. I've loved reading her novels, short stories, and poems ever since then.

4. Geraldine Brooks - I've read four of her novels to date! People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks is one of my favorite novels of all time.

5. Robin LaFevers - I loved reading her 'His Fair Assassin' trilogy. I'd love to see this trilogy made in a television series or three separate movies.

6. Tamar Myers - I've read her entire 'Den of Antiquity Mystery' series. Although, I didn't love every cozy mystery novel in the series, I am glad I read the entire 'Den of Antiquity Mystery' series. I think it would be fun to meet Tamar Myers in person since I've read so many of her novels.

7. Gloria Steinem - I'd love to meet Gloria Steinem!! She is such a feminist icon and all around interesting person. I read her memoir, My Life on the Road, which was very enjoyable.

8. Marjane Satrapi - I've enjoyed reading her graphic novels, 
Persepolis & Persepolis 2, plus Embroideries

9. John Green - I've enjoyed reading both of his young adult novels, The Fault in Our Stars and Turtles All The Way Down. So, would enjoy meeting him in person too.

10. Susan Rivers - I read her novel, The Second Mrs. Hockaday, last year and loved it!! I was really blown away with how fabulous this historical novel is. I look forward to seeing what else Susan Rivers publishes in the years to come.

Which authors would you love to meet in real life?

18 comments:

  1. Nice! Quite a few new to me ones here! Hope you get to meet them all one day!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  2. I'd love to meet Roni Loren, an erotic romance author with a background in social work whose characters are always realistically complex and whose stories are always moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  3. Last month I met Gary Shteyngart at an author event. This month I will meet Lydia Kiesling who is on tour for her debut novel The Golden State.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you are having fun meeting authors. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  4. Margaret Atwood would be so incredible to meet. I think Gloria Steinem would also just be awesome to meet, I have no idea what I would say. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

      Delete
  5. I've only read the first Fair Assassin book but liked it a lot. I'd like to read more of LaFever's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

      Delete
  7. It would be amazing to meet Margaret Atwood! Jerry Spinelli would be pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  8. It would be fascinating to meet Green. :)

    ReplyDelete