Monday, October 22, 2018

The Stepford Florist by J. T. Lawrence



I read the ebook edition of The Stepford Florist by J. T. Lawrence, which is approximately 82 pages in length. I was able to download this steampunk/cyber thriller for FREE to my Kindle from Amazon. Below is my honest, unbiased review of The Stepford Florist by J. T. Lawrence.

I thought The Stepford Florist by J. T. Lawrence wasn't as good as expected based on the summary I read of it on Amazon. Plus, this short story/novella had 30 reviews and a 4+ star rating on Amazon, but I felt that The Stepford Florist by J. T. Lawrence simply didn't live up to the hype. Mediocre story, characters, and writing. Let's just say I'll be skipping on any of J. T. Lawrence's other works.

The following is a summary for The Stepford Florist by J. T. Lawrence from Amazon:
Jasmine is arrested for performing a bootleg vampire facelift in her modded-out steampunk caravan.
She’s thrilled, because it's worked out exactly as she planned.

Jasmine has mastered moonlighting.

She's a steampunk inventor, a cosmetician, and a gene-hacking florist.
And then there’s her real job: exposing evil corps and dodgy clinics.

When Jasmine, the head of Alba—an underground biopunk organisation—is tipped off that something morally dubious is happening at the city’s most luxurious high-tech spa, she takes it upon herself to investigate, and discovers a whole lot more than she bargained for.

(Warning: Contains colorful language and sex.)

This short standalone spin-off novelette is set in the near-future When Tomorrow Calls world, and introduces Jasmine, Seth and Keke, just before we meet Kirsten, the kick-ass main character in Why You Were Taken.

I am giving The Stepford Florist by J. T. Lawrence a rating of 2 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, it sounds good in the summary. Too bad it did not live up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree with you in that the summary of The Stepford Florist sounded good. I just wish the story was as good as I would have expected it to be.

      Delete