Thursday, October 25, 2018

Tina Turner: By The Book from the New York Times

I've been a fan of Tina Turner's songs and singing for decades now. So, when I recently came across an article on the New York Times website titled, Tina Turner: By The Book, I knew I had to read it.

I've known for many years that Tina Turner is a devout Buddhist, so I wasn't surprised to find many of the books mentioned were Buddhist or spiritual in nature.

I was, however, surprised to learn that Tina Tuner has viewed Jackie Kennedy as a role model and has a collection of books about Jackie Kennedy.

When asked "what’s the one book you wish someone else would write?", it was also interesting to learn that Tina Turner wants her longtime friend, Mick Jagger, to write his autobiography as she says he's a great storyteller. Mick Jagger's autobiography is a book she would want to read... And she thinks others would want to read it too.

Click on the above link to read the entire article and discover more tidbits about Tina Turner's reading tastes.

2 comments: