Monday, October 29, 2018

Little Free Library at The Gardens at Heather Farm in Walnut Creek, California!

I love the tree that has been yarn bombed in the background with neon pink yarn.
I've been wanting to visit The Gardens at Heather Farm in Walnut Creek, California for a couple of years now. The garden is located on six acres of land and is free to the public. I recently discovered that a Little Free Library is located adjacent to the Children's Garden... Books and nature make for a great combination!

My husband and I finally made our first visit to The Gardens at Heather Farm last Friday afternoon. It was a perfect day to visit the gardens as the weather was gorgeous outdoors. There is a rose garden, a gazebo, a children's garden, and so on to explore during one's visitThere are also many benches placed strategically around the garden to sit on and many beautiful trees providing shade. I also enjoyed viewing the sculptures placed around the gardens as well. 

Weddings and other special events are frequently held at The Gardens at Heather Farm. Please check their calendar to make sure the garden isn't closed for the day during  the time you plan to make a visit. My husband and I arrived at The Gardens at Heather Farm on a Saturday a few weekends ago only to find that the garden was closed for the day due to a special event.

Below are a few photographs I captured during our visit to The Gardens at Heather Farm.


View of rose garden and man made lake with fountains.


Dahlias in bloom.
Partial view of the children's garden.
Roses in bloom. Love the pink and white colors.
Have you discovered any new to you Little Free Libraries lately?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was very peaceful and blissful there. I look forward to returning during a different season to discover what's in bloom.

      Delete