Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday ~~~ Books and Book Swag For Dad!!



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Here are my top ten tips for book related gifts to give your dad this year for Father's Day:

1. Unfaithful Music & Disappearing Ink by Elvis Costello ~~~ My dad has seen Elvis Costello twice in concert, so giving him this book is a no brainer!! 

Buying your dad a book about his favorite musician or band may be a good choice for Father's Day this year.

2. Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall ~~~ My dad has pretty much been a life long runner... So, buying him this book about a sport he enjoys participating in was a good choice. 

Perhaps buying a book about a sport your dad likes or about an athlete he admires may be the way to go!

3. NY Times Crossword Puzzle Books ~~ My dad has been doing crossword puzzles forever and they are another one of his passions, so buying him crossword puzzle books are always a great idea. 

How about buying a book about a hobby your dad enjoys may be the way to go for Father's Day!

4. My dad likes Ernest Hemingway's novels and has pretty much read almost everything by Hemingway. 

Buying a book by your dad's favorite author may be the way to go for Father's Day.  

5. Giving your dad a Kindle or other eReader would also make a great gift for Father's Day.

6. If your dad travels a lot and/or loves audiobooks, then buying him a Audible membership is a great gift idea for Father's Day.

7. Gift cards to your dad's favorite bookstore is another option for Father's Day.

8. Give dad book themed clothing. Out of Print Clothing is another great gift idea for dad this year for Father's Day.

9. Clear Acrylic Book Weight is another possible idea as a gift for dad for Father's Day!

10. Or how about a Personalized Library Embosser as a Father's Day Gift?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you as usual for leaving me a comment on my TTT posts. Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Some great suggestions! An e- reader is such a great gift, and of course gift cards. I like the music and crossword puzzle ideas too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I am glad some of my ideas were helpful for you. Thank you for stopping by and leaving ,e a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I love your take on this week's topic! Kindles and E-readers are great gifts to get! My dad's into watching sport so I'd probably get him an auto-biography by a famous footballer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. Hi! My dad loved all the Hemingway novels. I read them because of him! :)
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!! Happy reading.

      Delete