Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Circus of the Dead by Seth Blackburn

Horror Short Story
Circus if the Dead by Seth Blackburn is a horror short story, approximately 32 pages in length that I was able to download to my Kindle for FREE from Amazon.

Below is my honest, unbiased review of Circus if the Dead by Seth Blackburn.

Aside from Circus if the Dead by Seth Blackburn being FREE, I was additionally attracted to this short story's cover artwork, which looked really cool!! I also enjoy reading short stories because they are a great way to become acquainted with a new to me author's writing without having to make a commitment to reading a full length novel.

I thought Circus if the Dead by Seth Blackburn was okay. It was interesting enough to read from start to finish, but not a short story that will be memorable for me in the long haul. Seth Blackburn's writing was okay... I don't think I'll be going out of my way to read anything else by Seth Blackburn.

The following is a plot summary for Circus if the Dead by Seth Blackburn from Amazon:
Twenty years ago, the dead destroyed the world of the living. The survivors scattered in the wake of the Scourge, erecting small towns in the worlds' most sparsely populated areas.
For young Gabriel, the walking dead are merely the memories that haunt the eyes of those old enough and lucky enough to have survived. He is more concerned with his hard life in America's desert, where his chores keep him busy and the husks of books stashed beneath the cellar of the library are his only freedom.
Until the circus comes to town.
I am giving Circus if the Dead by Seth Blackburn a rating of 2 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment