Tuesday, June 6, 2017

I Attended the 2017 Bay Area Book Festival!!!

Me @ the Bay Area Book Festival
Lucky me, I attended the 3rd annual Bay Area Book Festival in Berkeley, California!! The Bay Area Book Festival took place last weekend on Saturday, June 3rd and Sunday, June 4th. 

This was my 3rd time attending the Bay Area Book Festival and I had a blast attending a few of the festivities with my husband... We only visited the Bay Area Book Festival on Saturday, June 3rd from 12pm to approximately 6:30pm.

During our time spent at the Bay Area Book Festival, my husband and I enjoyed visiting various book booths, hearing three different author speakers talk about their books and their writing, answer questions from the audience, discuss other topics, and of course, sign copies of their books.

Books I had signed by the author at the Bay Area Book Festival

I was able to have five books signed by authors who spoke at the Bay Area Book Festival this year to add to my ever growing collection of signed books!! I love meeting authors in person!


I was most excited about seeing and hearing, Roxane Gay, speak at the 2017 Bay Area Book Festival and having her sign copies of her books, Difficult Women and Bad Feminist. I am so glad that I was able to hear Roxane Gay speak at the 2017 Bay Area Book Festival this year. Roxane Gay is an amazing, thoughtful, and thought provoking speaker and I enjoyed hearing what she had to share with those who came to hear her speak. I'm looking forward to reading both of Roxane Gay's books that she signed for me!


Roxane Gay in conversation with Rafia Zakaria
I also enjoyed hearing author and illustrator, Cornelia Funke, speak at the Bay Area Book Festival and having her sign a copy of her novel, Lilly & Fin: A Mermaid's Tale for me!


Cornelia Funke (left) at the Bay Area Book Festival
Another amazing author speaking event that my husband and I had a chance to hear at the 2017 Bay Area Book Festival was a talk titled, 'When the Back Breaks: An Investigative Reporter Reveals All on the Back Pain Industry'. I enjoyed hearing investigative reporter Cathryn Jakobson Ramin talk about the back industry, hear her story dealing with back pain, and having Cathryn Jakobson Ramin a sign copy of her new nonfiction book, Crooked: Outwitting the Back Pain Industry and Getting on the Road to Recovery, for me.

Me and Cathryn Jakobson Ramin
I was also thrilled to have author Aya de Leon sign one of her books, Upton Thief, for me at the 2017 Bay Area Book Festival.

Me and Aya de Leon
I am looking forward to attending the Bay Area Book Festival next year as well! I can't wait to see who is coming to speak at next year's Bay Area Book Festival.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment