Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Quick Reads/Books to Read When Time is Short

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

The following short reads are ones I have enjoyed. Maybe you'll find some gems below too!

1. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos (84 pages)

2. The Birds by Daphne du Maurier (75 pages)

3. The Lottery by Shirley Jackson (30 pages)

4. The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman (64 pages)

5. The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin (130 pages)

6. Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata (116 pages)

7. Primates: The Fearless Science of Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey, and Biruté Galdikas by Jim Ottaviani (144 pages)

8. Killer Fashion: Poisonous Petticoats, Strangulating Scarves, and Other Deadly Garments Throughout History by Jennifer Wright (56 pages)

9. Crap Taxidermy by Kat Su (96 pages)

10. Embroideries by Marjane Satrapi (134 pages)

5 comments:

  1. Ooh nice picks! Some new to me ones but I remember reading The Yellow Wallpaper and The Lottery in a class way back when! The rest are totally new to me ones!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list. I've read three of them and enjoyed all three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite ghost stories is The Open Door by Charlotte Riddell.
    My TTT: https://snapdragonalcoveblog.wordpress.com/2024/02/06/top-ten-tuesday-quick-reads-books-to-read-when-time-is-short/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to read Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both The Birds and The Lottery. And I thought Convenience Store Woman was a pretty good read. Fun TTT list. :D

    ReplyDelete