Saturday, September 30, 2017

Alana Dakos --- Knitter, Knit Designer, Author, Business Owner, Knitting Instructor, & More!

Alana Dakos (left) + Me at A Yarn Less Raveled in Danville, California

I first became aware of Alana Dakos from her knitting podcast called Never Not Knitting along with her knitting blog of the same name last year or the year before.

I've since learned that Alana Dakos is a knitwear designer and has published five books about knitting. She has even ventured into the publishing arena and created her own publishing company, NNK Press.

Alana Dakos also has her very own yarn store named, Never Not Knitting, in Atascadero, California. 

Alana Dakos is also a knitting instructor and teaches classes at other yarn stores. In fact, she is teaching a few knitting classes at a local yarn store in Danville, California called A Yarn Less Raveled on Saturday, September 30, 2017 and Sunday, October 1, 2017.

I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting Alana Dakos in person at A Yarn Less Raveled (which is a lovely indie yarn store). Ms. Dakos was super friendly and sweet to meet in person. I enjoyed speaking with her. I also had Alana sign a copy of her knitting books, Botanical Knits: 12 Designs Inspired by Trees and Foliage and Annie and the Swiss Cheese Scarf

I look forward to making a few of her patterns when I become a better knitter!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Knitting! I never got the knack but several of my friends knit like crazy and one goes on the yearly LA Yarn Crawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Knitting is a more recent passion to me as I began knitting about 3.5 years ago and love it.

      Delete