Thursday, June 29, 2017

Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 1) by Anita Valle



I listened to the unabridged version of Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 1) by Anita Valle and narrated by Caitlin Kelly from Audible. Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 1) by Anita Valle is a young adult novel and re- imagining of the Cinderella fairytale.

Listening time for Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 1) by Anita Valle is 2 hours, 50 minutes.

I have mixed feelings about Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 1) by Anita Valle. I do love fairy tale re-tellings and love that Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 1) is a much darker version of the original Cinderella story. 

I also enjoyed the fact that there is no cliffhanger ending for Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 1) by Anita Valle and that this novel leaves you wanting to discover the second novel in the series titled, Sneaky Snow White: Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series.

I did love how evil the Prince turns out to be! He isn't so charming at all. 

However, I thought that the Cinderella in Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 1) by Anita Valle was bratty and conniving. I also felt that Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 1) by Anita Valle was a bit too two dimensional for the most part and needed an extra pop to make it stand out and be stellar. 

Caitlin Kelly was a so-so narrator... Not great, but not bad either.

The following is a plot summary for Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 1) by Anita Valle from Audible:
I'm not who they think I am. A docile girl who meekly obeys her stepmother and stepsisters. Some kind of sick angel who cheerfully bears their mistreatment. That's what I want them to think. Because then they won't suspect what I'm really up to.
The ball, the prince - it's all part of my plan to come out on top. Stepmother and her demented daughters will pay for every floor I have scoured, every sneer I have borne. They don't know about the white magic, how I use it to enhance myself. They can't see that my heart is black as midnight, rotten as a poisoned apple.
They're about to find out.
At this point, I am not sure if I'll be reading the second novel in the series, Sneaky Snow White: Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series.

I am giving Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 1) by Anita Valle a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy rading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment