Tuesday, May 16, 2017

To Catch A Leaf by Kate Collins

Cozy Mystery Novel
I finished reading To Catch A Leaf by Kate Collins recently and enjoyed reading this cozy mystery novel that is the 12th book in 'A Flower Shop Mystery' series.

I've been reading 'A Flower Shop Mystery' series off and on for a few years now. I haven't been reading the novels in this series in chronological order... However, each novel I have read in 'A Flower Shop Mystery' series has been a fun read.

I like the main character of Abby Knight as she is a fun character to read about. I also enjoy Kate Collins's writing as she makes reading cozy mystery novels fun to read.

However, to date, To Catch A Leaf by Kate Collins is my least favorite novel in  'A Flower Shop Mystery' series. It wasn't that To Catch A Leaf was awful, it just didn't have all the pizzazz I'm used to finding in previous novels in this particular series. Plus, Abby's annoying cousin, Jillian, and Abby's annoying mother were just too much to read about in To Catch A Leaf!! I also figured out key themes/plot details along the way.

The following is a plot summary for To Catch A Leaf by Kate Collins from Amazon:
Flower shop owner Abby Knight is aglow with happiness now that she's officially engaged to her longtime beau, Marco Salvare. Nothing can possibly dampen her joy-until wealthy dowager Virginia Newport is killed, and Abby's assistant Grace Bingham is the prime suspect. The plot thickens when they stumble upon mysterious stolen art and a missing cat, all part of an elaborate heist. Before Abby can throw her bouquet, she'll have to save her friend and throw a killer and a thief in jail...
I am giving To Catch A Leaf by Kate Collins a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment