Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday --- Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

1. After reading A House in Fez: Building a Life in the Ancient Heart of Morocco by Suzanna Clarke, I want to visit Morocco!

2. After reading The Sacred Well by Antoinette May, I now want to visit Chichen Itza, the Mayan ruins, in Mexico's Yucatan.

3. I love elephants, so I want to go on an African Safari after reading Larger Than Life by Jodi Picoult.

4. I'd now like to visit the Channel Islands off the coast of England after reading The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.

5. I want to visit Turkey (and maybe even live there) after reading Tea & Bee's Milk: Our Year in a Turkish Village by Ray and Karen Gilden. 

6. Alright, I admit that I didn't much enjoy Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, but I must also add that I'd love to take a year off from everyday life, like Ms. Gilbert did, and spend my time in Italy, India, & Indonesia.

7. Ride on the submarine, the Nautilus, from Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne and have an adventure with Captain Nemo!

8. The convent of St. Mortain in Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers to learn how to be 'His Fair Assassin'.

9. The Christmas Train by David Baldacci reminds me that at some point I'd love to take a long distance train trip on Amtrak. The trip doesn't have to be during the Christmas holiday season, but it would be fun to either travel across country by train at least once in my life... OR take the Amtrak Coast Starlight from Los Angeles, California to Seattle, Washington.

10. I love sweets!! After I read Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate) by Amy Thomas in 2012, I wanted to eat all the lovely treats that the author enjoyed while living in Paris.

2 comments:

  1. The only book I've read that's associated with this list is Grave Mercy, and unfortunately I don't think I'd be suited to life as an assassin nun. Still, it sounds like there a lot of great places on this list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog and making a post!! Have a great week of reading!!

      Delete