Saturday, April 28, 2018

Kenyan Author & Contender for the Nobel Prize, Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o, is Speaking at the 2018 Bay Area Book Festival!


To be quite frank, I had never even heard of Kenyan writer, Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o, until I discovered he would be speaking at the 2018 Bay Area Book Festival today. 

I've learned that Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o has been a contender for the Nobel Prize for Literature, so I knew I had to hear him speak at the Bay Area Book Festival this year.

Watch the above video of Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o speaking about how “memory is what makes us who we are."

2 comments:

  1. How did you react to what he had to say? It gave me some insights I hadn't had before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o has a lot of thought provoking things to say and what he has to say gives a new perspective/way of thinking.

      He was an awesome speaker at the 2018 Bay Area Book Festival and I loved what he had to say about the importance of imagination.

      Delete