Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Friends of the Library Used Bookstore in Fort Bragg, California!



It was by pure happenstance that my husband and I discovered the Friends of the Library Used Bookstore in Fort Bragg, California this past weekend. This small hidden gem is tucked away in the Harbor District of Fort Bragg and is far from the Fort Bragg Public Library itself. 

The Fort Bragg Harbor District is an eclectic mix of restaurants, a whale watching tour business, abandoned/run down looking buildings, and other waterfront businesses that do not cater to the tourist industry. So, one would never imagine finding an FOL Used Bookstore in such a location.

However, it just so happened that my hubby and I had decided to take an evening drive through the Harbor District in Fort Bragg before sunset on Saturday evening. We found an outlet to the beach and decided to take a walk. On our drive back to where we were staying in Fort Bragg, we saw a sign that read 'Used Book Sale Friday Through Sunday 11-3'. 

So, on Sunday morning, we stopped by the book sale. I am so glad we did! I discovered two used books in great condition that were on my reading wishlist... It's always fun to find books you already want to read at FOL Used Bookstore sales!



4 comments:

  1. So cool! I love Fort Bragg though I have not been in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fort Bragg was a fun place to visit. I am so glad that we made the trip north for a visit.

      Delete
  2. Oh I had no clue about that store! Although I haven't been to Fort Bragg for probably 10ish years? It's such a cute little town, and I'm so glad you found such a gem there! :)
    Jen @ Star-Crossed Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!! I'll visit your blog. :-)

      Delete