Friday, March 31, 2017

2017 First Quarter Wrap Up Post!!

I can't believe the first quarter of 2017 has come to a close already!! Seriously, where does the time go?! I know, I know, I practically say this every quarter, but it is true... Time seems to fly by.

I've had a really great quarter in terms of reading! I've read a total of 52 books so far this year, which essentially means that I am averaging 17.33 books a month!! This is pretty awesome as I have not read this many books in such a short amount time before that I know of anyway.

So far this year, I've only given 3 books a rating of 5 stars out of 5 stars. So, my top three reads are as follows:

The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey
The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel
Kentucky on the Rocks by Gwendolyn Grace

I've also given a lot of other books a 4 to 4.5 star ratings this year as well as come across some disappointing reads along the way too! But I will choose to only highlight my top rated reads at this time.

As usual, I read books in all formats from hardbacks and paperbacks to ebooks and audiobooks! I've also read books from quite a few genres, including nonfiction books, cozy mystery novels, romance novels, paranormal, young adult, a graphic novel, horror, and even erotica books too to name a few of the genres. 

Essentially, my tastes in what I read varies widely, as I like to not only read books from familiar authors and genres, but also explore new to me authors as well.

I've also had fun swapping books at four different (new to me) Little Free Libraries in my local area, which is always a fun activity to participate in as I like visiting Little Free Libraries.

I also enjoyed hearing author, Lisa See, speak at an author event earlier this month. This is the first author event I've attended this year. I love attending author events and meeting/hearing authors speak about their books and their writing. Plus, having them sign copies of their book(s) is also a perk as well! I am hoping to attend more author events later in the year.

So, that pretty much wraps up my first quarter in 2017. How has your first quarter of 2017 gone in terms of reading? What have been your best or worst reads so far this year? Have you attended any author events or book festivals this year?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I can't believe a quarter of the year is gone already! I haven't even done my goals post for this year yet! Congratulations on finishing 52 books thus far; that's such an amazing accomplishment :) I hope you continue to have a wonderful year, Lisa :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and happy reading to you throughout the rest of the year!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yep, I've been binge reading this year. And, yes, I have a life outside of reading too!!

      I'm almost done reading my 54th book of the year!!

      Delete