Monday, March 27, 2017

Lisa See Author Signing Event!!

Me (left) with Author, Lisa See (right)

I really enjoy attending author talks/signing events at local independent bookstores whenever time and interest permits.

I've read Lisa See's novel, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, quite a few years ago and really enjoyed. So, I was excited last week to learn that she was coming to Pleasanton, California to talk about and sign copies of her new novel, The Tea Girl On Hummingbird Lane on Saturday, March 25, 2017 from 11am to noon at a local tea and coffeehouse called, Inklings Coffee and Tea.

Inklings Coffee and Tea was packed with a hundred people or more in attendance to hear Lisa See speak about The Tea Girl on Hummingbird Lane... In fact, so many people attended this event that there was standing room only for quite a few people.

I must say that I am glad that I attended the Lisa See author speaking/signing event as she's an amazing and engaging speaker. Hearing Lisa See speak has to be one of the best author talks I've heard. We learned a lot about the novel and about Lisa See's research for the writing of The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane

Lisa See writes a lot about mother-daughter relationships in her novels, but she mentioned that The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane offers one of the deepest mother-daughter relationships she's written about. I'm really excited about reading The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane and am thrilled to have my own signed copy of the novel.

It was also interesting to learn that Lisa See's mother, Carolyn See, was also a writer and English professor at UCLA and that Lisa See's grandfather was also a writer.

Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment