Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Beloved Author, Toni Morrison, Dies @ Age 88

I discovered this morning in an online article from The New York Times titled, Toni Morrison, Towering Novelist of the Black Experience, Dies at 88 by Margalit Fox, that Novel Prize winning author, Toni Morrison, died yesterday due to complications from pneumonia. In the article, Margalit Fox wrote a lengthy obituary about Toni Morrison's life. Click on the above link to read the full obituary.

I have only read one of Toni Morrison's novels for a college English course, The Bluest Eyes, back in the early 1990s. I've always wanted to read more of her novels. I remember liking The Bluest Eyes at the time... But I cannot remember much of the plot details for this novel now though. I recently placed it on my reread list.

Have you read any of Toni Morrison's novels? If so, which ones have you read? What did you think of the novels you read by Toni Morrison?

6 comments:

  1. I've read tons of Toni Morrison's books. The Bluest Eye is my favourite, so I'm glad you'll be rereading that one.

    This is such sad news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the second book of hers I'd recommend reading is Beloved. It's excellent, but I can't say much about the plot without giving away spoilers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing out Beloved as another novel to read. I will have to add it to my ever growing reading wishlist.

      Delete
  3. Such a loss. I was sad all day. I have read all of her novels and plan to reread them over the next few years. She was unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some day perhaps I will read all of her books too.

      Delete
  4. I was so sad to hear about her passing. I too have only read The Bluest Eye. I remember how heart wrenching it was. I have Beloved in my bookshelves and I keep staring at it. One day I'll have the courage to read it.

    ReplyDelete