Thursday, May 9, 2024

My Top Ten Favorite Nonfiction Books About Animals - Take Two


In October 2019, I published a post listing my top ten favorite nonfiction books about animals. Since then, I've read more nonfiction books about various animals.

Below is my newest list of favorite nonfiction books about animals that I've enjoyed reading since my prior post in October 2019.

1. The Parrot Who Owns Me: The Story of a Relationship by Joanna Burger

2. You Had Me at Woof: How Dogs Taught Me the Secrets of Happiness by Julie Klam

3. The Loved Dog by Tamar Geller

4. H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald

5. The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery

6. The Book Of Eels: Our Enduring Fascination with the Most Mysterious Creature in the Natural World by Patrik Svensson

7. Where the Lost Dogs Go: A Story of Love, Search, and the Power of Reunion by Susannah Charleson

8. The Perfect Horse: The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis by Elizabeth Letts

9. Darwin Comes to Town: How the Urban Jungle Drives Evolution by Menno Schilthuizen

10. Eloquence of the Sardine: Extraordinary Encounters Beneath the Sea by Bill François

Do you enjoy reading nonfiction books about animals? If so, have you read any of the above books? Also, share with me any nonfiction books about animals you've read and enjoyed reading in the comment section below. Maybe I'll find some new favorite nonfiction books about animals!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge animal lover, so I don't read many non-fiction books where they even appear. So, no wonder, I haven't read any of your books. But I think this is a great topic.

    Thanks for visiting my flower post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to come up with new topics to write about every so often on my blog... Since I love nonfiction books and animals, it made sense that I have made posts on this topic as I've read quite a few books about animals!

      Delete
    2. Definitely a good idea. I often end up with historic books.

      Delete