Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix

 


A few of Grady Hendrix's novels have been on my radar for awhile now based on reviews I've read. However, it wasn't until July of 2023, that I actually chose to listen to my first Grady Hendrix novel. I decided to listen to the unabridged audio version of Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix based on the storyline, reviews and narrators, Bronson Pinchot and Tai Sammons.

I wasn't disappointed! Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix is a very fun, fast paced, and entertaining read. It offers a different take on horror and what it means to be inside a haunted house! I liked the 'Ikea like' themed setting in this novel too. The characters are well developed and relatable. The plot for the most part was excellent, except for a few uneven spots. Overall a great read. 

If you like audiobooks, then I recommend Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix in audio form.

Below is the plot summary for Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix from the Goodreads website:

Something strange is happening at the Orsk furniture superstore in Cleveland, Ohio. Every morning, employees arrive to find broken Kjerring bookshelves, shattered Glans water goblets, and smashed Liripip wardrobes. Sales are down, security cameras reveal nothing, and store managers are panicking.

To unravel the mystery, three employees volunteer to work a nine-hour dusk-till-dawn shift. In the dead of the night, they’ll patrol the empty showroom floor, investigate strange sights and sounds, and encounter horrors that defy the imagination.

A traditional haunted house story in a thoroughly contemporary setting, Horrorstör is designed to retain its luster and natural appearance for a lifetime of use. Pleasingly proportioned with generous French flaps and a softcover binding, Horrorstör delivers the psychological terror you need in the elegant package you deserve.

I am giving Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this one...how it was written, how it plays off of Ikea stores, the characters in it, and the humor...so fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a very fun read indeed!! I have Grady Hendrix's novel, The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires, in my 'tbr' pile. It should be fun read too

      Delete