Thursday, September 7, 2023

Cards on the Table by Agatha Christie

 


I've been a fan of Agatha Christie's novels and short stories most of my life. I started reading her novels during my teenage years. Yet despite being an avid fan of Christie's writing, I haven't read her entire collection of published works... Mainly, because her entire collection of work is so vast and also because the Hercule Poirot is my favorite character created by Dame Agatha Christie. So, I've largely stuck to reading works that featured Hercule Poirit as a character.

I don't recall reading Cards on the Table by Agatha Christie in my youth. So, I decided to listen to the unabridged audio version of this novel in July, which was well narrated by Hugh Fraser. Listening time is 6 hours, 41 seconds.

I was able to listen to Cards on the Table by Agatha Christie for FREE on YouTube. It's truly amazing to discover all of the free audiobooks one is able to listen to for FREE via YouTube at one's leisure! Click on the link above to listen to this novel for free for yourself.

Cards on the Table by Agatha Christie is a Hercule Poirot novel. It is different from other Hercule Poirot novels in that Hercule Poirot is working in conjunction with three other people to solve the murder. 

I was hooked into the storyline for Cards on the Table by Agatha Christie from the start of the novel. I enjoyed the characters, the plot, and the writing for most of the novel. In fact, I initially thought I would be giving Cards on the Table by Agatha Christie a 5 star rating... That is until I listened to the last 20% of the novel, when things went south fast! Too many plot twists at the end of the novel and a few other things just didn't sit right with me. I was forced to lower my rating.

Below is the plot summary for Cards on the Table by Agatha Christie from the Goodreads website:

A flamboyant party host is murdered in full view of a roomful of bridge players… Mr Shaitana was famous as a flamboyant party host. Nevertheless, he was a man of whom everybody was a little afraid. So, when he boasted to Poirot that he considered murder an art form, the detective had some reservations about accepting a party invitation to view Shaitana’s private collection. Indeed, what began as an absorbing evening of bridge was to turn into a more dangerous game altogether…

I am giving Cards on the Table by Agatha Christie a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment