Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Four New to Me Little Free Libraries in Solana Beach, California

 So, I spent roughly 6.5 weeks in San Diego, California with my parents as an escape from the major fires and smoke that ravaged the San Francisco Bay Area/Northern California regions recently. 

It was a wonderful reprieve to getaway from the smoke and bad AQI for awhile and spend quality time with my parents.

Below are four photographs of new to me Little Free Libraries I discovered with my mom. We just happened to drive around a particular neighborhood and voila, we found four Little Free Libraries. How cool is that?






Have you found any Little Free Libraries lately?

11 comments:

  1. Hii! I'm from Spain and honestly I didn't know this was a thing. Maybe i'll try to start something similar in my town 😊. I'm very sorry to hear that you had to temporarily move because of the fire and the smoke but glad you had a good time with your parents. I hope you are all well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Free Libraries have become very popular here in the USA is recent years. I found my 1st Little Free Library in 2012 and have been hooked ever since in finding new to me Little Free Libraries ever since then. I love to trade books at Little Free Libraries and have found several wishlist books I've wanted to read.

      This year alone, I have found roughly 20 new to me Little Free Libraries. I blog periodically about my experience finding them throughout the year here on my blog.

      Delete
  2. I've never seen one of these in person. According to the map on their website, there are some in my area I've just never seen them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are tons of Little Free Libraries that aren't listed on the Little Free Library website... In fact, the four LFL's above aren't currently listed on their website.

      Delete
  3. How lovely. And also a great twist on our latest TTT. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I didn't do a TTT post this week. Sharing my Little Free Library finds was just my topic for the day. Happy reading!

      Delete
    2. And it was a brilliant idea. Not really that far off the TTT topic. Loved it.

      Delete
  4. That is so cool! Glad you could get away from the smoke. We had it too from our own fires and it was miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the smoke was pretty bad in the LA area too. The wildfires hit California badly this year.

      Delete