Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Read in Color: Announcing Little Free Library’s Diverse Books Initiative


 I recently learned about Little Free Library's new initiative called Read In Color

Read in Color is a new initiative bringing diverse books to Little Free Library book-sharing boxes around the world. Kicking off in the Twin Cities, Read in Color will distribute books that provide perspectives on racism and social justice, celebrate BIPOC and LGBTQ voices, and incorporate experiences from all identities for all readers.

We believe everyone should be able to see themselves in the pages of a book. We also know that books can be a window into experiences that are different from our own. By reading diverse books, we can increase understanding, empathy, and inclusion.

Are you ready to Read in Color?

To learn more about Read in Color initiative and to sign the Read in Color pledge, click the link above!!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought so too! I already leave books at Little Free Libraries, so decided to take the Read in Color pledge.

      Delete
  2. Glad this has been initiated. I have reading in color all of my adult life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love diverse reads. It helps give a better view of the world around me.

      Delete