Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I've Read With Super Long Book Titles


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


Below are 10 books I've read with super long book titles.


1. A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka

2. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

3. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

4. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

5. Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume

6. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne

7. The Floating Brothel: The Extraordinary True Story of an Eighteenth-Century Ship and Its Cargo of Female Convicts by Siân Rees

8. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

9. The Assassination of the Archduke: Sarajevo 1914 and the Romance that Changed the World by Greg King and Sue Woolmans

10. Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading by Nina Sankovitch

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are some long titles! The longest I had was an 8 word, most were averaging between 5-6 with a few 7s! Lol.


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society has been a popular pick this week!

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great choices! I just watched Disney's Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea movie for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first one is the book I immediately thought of for this prompt. It kills me to say or write or type it. I just usually call it Potato Peel Society.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Hitchhiker's Guide (even though I've never read the whole book!) and Guernsey is such a good title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choices! I've read several on your list. And I really love the Guernsey one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same as Jessica. The longest title I could find among the books I've read this year was eight words. Most of them were only three.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For once, I've read nearly all of them! GREAT JOB! And, I LOVED Tractors!! The audio was so fun!
    Lisa @ https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2020/10/13/top-ten-tuesday-nonfiction-books-ive-read-with-super-long-book-titles/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! I love the Ocean at the End of the Lane! Great picks!

    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Ocean at the End of the Lane is one of my favorites. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some excellent recommendations here too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list, many of the books I know though I've only read #s 1, 2 and 8 though only the second one made it onto my list. That was on most lists I saw.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT earlier.

    ReplyDelete