Thursday, October 29, 2020

10 of the Best Historical Mystery Series for Your Reading Pleasure!

I must admit that I love reading both historical fiction novels and also mystery novels. Combine the two genres and create a series of books with a central main character and I will be thrilled! 

So, when I came across an article this morning on Book Riot's website titled, 10 HISTORICAL MYSTERY SERIES by Chris M. Arnone, I excitedly looked forward to discovering some new to me book series!!

I wasn't disappointed with what I discovered in Chris M. Arnone's article. I haven't read any of the books mentioned in any of the ten book series listed. Additionally, I am only vaguely familiar with three of the book series by name mentioned Chris M. Arnone's article and the remaining seven book series are new to me.

If you're looking to start reading a new book series that falls into both the historical fiction and mystery genres, then click on the above link to learn more.

6 comments:

  1. I was looking for some more historical mystery. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an excellent list. I would add the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacquline Winspear and the Ian Rutledge series by Charles Todd, both connected to the World War I era.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendations. I have been meaning to read a Maisie Dobbs novel, but have yet to do so. I have never heard of the Ian Rutledge series by Charles Todd, so will check it out. Happy reading!

      Delete