Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - Books With One-Word Titles

 


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Below are ten books with one word titles I've read, enjoyed, and reviewed here on my blog over the years. Click on the links provided below to read the review I've written for each book. Happy reading!!

1. Exit by Belinda Bauer

2. Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez

3. Room by Emma Donoghue

4. Kindred by Octavia Butler

5. Brass by Xhenet Aliu

6. Matrix by Lauren Groff

7. Euphoria by Lily King

8. Deenie by Judy Blume

9. Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith

10. George (aka Melissa) by Alex Gino

Have you read any of these books? If so, what did you think about the book(s)? Leave me a comment below. Happy reading!!

9 comments:

  1. Ooh nice picks! These are all new to me ones! I was surprised with how easy this one was this week! The hardest part was choosing titles that intrigued me! Lol!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too thought this was an easy topic for TTT... And yes, it was difficult to pick my favorite one word book titles.

      Delete
  2. I have actually read three of those: "Matrix," "Kindred," and "Room." My biggest memory of "Room" is that it made me quite claustrophobic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like the author for Room really captured the emotions really well for what it would have been like if one had been kidnapped and held captive for years and then returned to the real world after being rescued.

      Delete
  3. Of these ten books, I've read Exit and Room. And of course, Deenie! (Talk about a blast from the past.) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, blast from the past books are fun!! Unfortunately, I didn't read many of Judy Blume's novels until I was an adult.

      Delete
  4. I have read "Kindred" and have heard of Room and Judy Blume, of course, but the rest is pretty unknown to me. I found so many interesting books and titles with this challenge, just great.

    My TTT this week.

    ReplyDelete