Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - FREEBIE - Top Ten Favorite Books I've Read During the First Half of 2023

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Below are my top ten favorite reads for the first half of 2023! More than half of the books are nonfiction reads.

1. Dear America: Notes of an Undocumented Citizen Jose Antonio Vargas
2. Vaccinated: From Cowpox to mRNA, the Remarkable Story of Vaccines by Paul Offit
3. The History of the Bible: Explore 2,000 Years of Biblical Interpretation and Cultural Impact by David Zachariah Flanagin
4. Fascism: A Warning by Madeleine K. Albright
5. These Women by Ivy Pochoda
6. Bad Feminist: Essays by Roxane Gay
7. Angel Fire by Lisa Unger
8. Exit by Belinda Bauer
9. When Germs Travel: Six Major Epidemics That Have Invaded America and the Fears They Have Unleashed by Howard Markel
10. News of the World by Paulette Jiles

Have you read any of these novels? If so, let me know in the comment section below which book(s) you've read and what your thoughts were about each book.

4 comments:

  1. Those are all totally new to me ones! Glad you've had so many favorites this year!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved News of the World! And Dear America is one I really want to read...especially after reading your review of it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting list, heavy on the nonfiction. I very seldom read nonfiction. I guess real life is "nonfiction" enough for me and I prefer my reading to be make-believe. Although I didn't read "News of the World," I have seen the film version with Tom Hanks which I very much enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen so many different subjects with this freebie, it's totally interesting. I have only read the first book on your list and that was brilliant. Must look into the others.
    My TTT this week.

    ReplyDelete