Sunday, February 4, 2018

Online Book Clubs You Can Join Right Now!!

I discovered an article on Bustle's website titled, 14 Online Book Clubs You Can Join Right Now by Charlotte Ahlin. In the article, Charlotte Ahlin writes the following:
I don't know about the rest of you, but whenever I'm reading a good book, I spend every waking moment wanting to talk about that book. The trouble is, most of the people around me are not reading the same book, and they have no interest in hearing all my feelings about Octavia Butler over a glass of wine at 11 PM. That's where book clubs come in. Book clubs are the perfect way to keep reading, talk about what you're reading, and make friends with other readers. And you don't even have to leave your house to join one. Here are some of the most popular online book clubs to get you started.
I mean, yes, starting a book club with your friends or your co-workers or your mom's friends' co-workers is still very much an option. But if it's hard for you to get together with your fellow readers in the analog world, or if you're looking for some new reading inspiration, these are the book clubs you should know about. From diversifying your personal bookshelf to helping incarcerated readers get access to reading material, these book clubs are creating communities and changing the book club paradigm.
I've been wanting to join a book club for awhile. Perhaps an online book club would work best for me. 

2 comments:

  1. I would be interested to hear how this goes for you. I tried a couple on-line book clubs and I so missed the in real life interaction all at the same time with live people that it never worked for me. Maybe I am just too old school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty much old school too... I think I will also miss the real life interaction as well. I'll just have to see how it turns out.

      Delete