Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie

Unabridged Audiobook
I've been an Agatha Christie fan for most of my life. I started reading her novels and short stories while in high school and continues to read some of her novels in my early twenties.

Somehow, I must have missed reading The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie... But then again, I've always been more of a Hercule Poirot fan than a Miss Marple fan.... Don't get me wrong, I like Miss Marple, but I've always liked Hercule Poirot much more. Anyway, I listened to the unabridged audio version of The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie and read by Stephanie Cole.

I really enjoyed the storyline and characters in The Body in the Library. I didn't guess the killer or why they did the murder until the ending when the details were unfolded. Agatha Christie is the undisputed queen of misdirection! She truly has a knack for storytelling and how to present mystery stories in an engaging fashion that captivate readers young and old. I also felt that Stephanie Cole did a nice job of reading The Body in the Library as she brought the characters and story to life.

Here's the plot summary as follows from Audible website:
It's seven in the morning. The Bantrys wake to find the body of a young woman in their library.She is wearing an evening dress and heavy makeup, which is now smeared across her cheeks. But who is she? How did she get there? And what is the connection with another dead girl, whose charred remains are later discovered in an abandoned quarry? The respectable Bantrys invite Miss Marple to solve the mystery... before tongues start to wag.
Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment