Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Maya Angelou Passed Away at Age 86.

I'm saddened to learn about the death of Dr. Maya Angelou. She is one of my favorite poets, writers and storytellers. I've seen her speak before a live audience twice in my life. Once at the University of Iowa while I was attending college there and another time in Santa Barbara, California at the Arlington Theatre. Maya Angelou was a captivating speaker... She was fascinating to listen to to... She shared wonderful stories, recited poetry, sung songs and much more to audiences. I also enjoyed listening to Maya Angelou speak on various television shows. I very much respected her wisdom, vast knowledge and many pearls of wisdom!! Dr. Angelou will be greatly missed!

My heart goes out to Dr. Angelou's family during this sad time. 

To learn more about Dr. Maya Angelou, please click on the following link: Maya Angelou, Poet, Activist And Singular Storyteller, Dies At 86 by Lynn Neary

No comments:

Post a Comment