Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Booktaker: A Nameless Detective Mystery by Bill Pronzini

I listened to The Booktaker: A Nameless Detective Mystery by Bill Pronzini and read by Nick Sullivan. This is an unabridged audio book and is approximately 90 minutes in length.

This was my first experienced reading or listening to anything written by Bill Pronzini and I really enjoyed this detective/mystery story... I love mystery novels and bookstores, so a mystery read that takes place inside a bookstore for part of the story is good in my book! Add a well developed storyline, good dialogue and nice characters and you have a great read... Or in this case listen! I also thought that Nick Sullivan did a swell job of reading this story.

The following is a plot summary from Audible:
The Nameless Detective is called upon to find out how rare books and maps are being stolen from an antiquarian bookshop with a faultless alarm system. He goes undercover in the store, only to be foiled when a theft occurs right under his nose. Then, as he ponders the case (while on a date with the lovely Kerry), he’s violently struck from behind by a car that seems bent on driving him off the road. Will Nameless survive this attempt on his life and solve the case?

I'm giving The Booktaker: A Nameless Detective Mystery by Bill Pronzini a 7 star out of 10 star rating!

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment