Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Finds # 27

Friday Finds is a book meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Friday Finds is a chance to share and show off the books you discovered during the week and would like to add to your reading list...

Or a place to simply feature the books you've actually purchased throughout the week and have added to your to be read pile!


Last weekend, my hubby and I watched the documentary titled Salinger, which is about the life of author J. D. Salinger. I really didn't know much about Salinger's life other than he was a recluse. I found the documentary informative and learned a lot about Salinger's life.

Anyway, I read Salinger's novel, The Catcher in the Rye, while I was a junior in high school. I remember really enjoying this particular novel at the time. It's been years since I've read The Catcher in the Rye, so I decided to purchase a copy of it last weekend after watching Salinger. I wonder if I'll enjoy rereading The Catcher in the Rye as an adult? I guess there is only one way to find out!

Have you reread any classic novels recently? 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any classics lately but next month I am reading the Princess Bride and am really excited about it. I have been wanting to read it for a long long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read many classics lately either and goodness knows when I'll sit down to read The Catcher in the Rye.... So, many books, so little time!!

      Delete