Monday, February 17, 2014

True Believer by Nicholas Sparks

Unabridged Audio Edition
I recently listened to the unabridged audio version of  True Believer by Nicholas Sparks. This is my first experience listening to or reading anything written by Nicholas Sparks.

Overall, I really liked this novel. It was read by David Aaron Baker, who did a fabulous job of breathing life into each character and moving the storyline forward in away that kept the listener riveted to the storyline. I think an audiobook reader can really enhance one's listening experience dramatically or be a total distraction... Thank goodness David Aaron Baker did a terrific job reading True believer and completely enhanced my listening experience.

I actually liked all of the characters in True believer, which is something I find rare to write as I usually find some characters that I don't like or could care less about at all. The character that was a tad trying at times was the leading female character, Lexie Darnell... I initially liked Lexie Darnell's character a lot, as she's sassy and bold in a quiet sort of way. But towards the end of the novel, Lexie's character kind of grated my nerves, because she was too hurt by past wrongs to move forward and take a leap of faith when it came to love.

My favorite character was that of Jeremy Marsh, the leading male character who is a journalist that specializes in debunking supernatural/paranormal activity for Scientific American.

Book description is as follows from Barnes and Noble:
As a science journalist with a regular column in Scientific American, Jeremy Marsh specializes in debunking the supernatural and has a real nose for the strange and unusual. A born skeptic, he travels to the small town of Boone Creek, North Carolina, determined to find the real cause behind the ghostly apparitions that appear in the town cemetery. What he doesn't plan on, however, is meeting and falling hopelessly in love with Lexie Darnell, granddaughter of the town psychic. Now, if the young lovers are to have any kind of future at all, Jeremy must make a difficult choice: return to the life he knows, or do something he could never do before-take a giant leap of faith.

A story about taking chances and following your heart, TRUE BELIEVER will make you, too, believe in the miracle of love.
I give True Believer a rating of 7 stars out of 10 stars.

Until my next post. happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment