Thursday, February 27, 2014

Payback's A Beach by Falafel Jones

Unabridged Audio Version
I recently finished listening to the unabridged audio version of Payback's A Beach by Falafel Jones and narrated by Rob Ellis... Lucky me, received this audio edition for free from Audible.com!! Receiving this audiobook for free in no way affects my review of it! I share only my honest opinion of how I felt about what I read or listen to here on my blog.

Payback's A Beach is the second novel in the Max Fried Mystery Series. Last year, I read and reviewed the first novel in the Max Fried Mystery Series titled, Life's A Beach Then You Die by Falafel Jones, and I have eagerly awaited for the release of the second book in this series. 

So, when I finally learned about the second installment of the Max Fried Mystery Series, Payback's A Beach, I looked forward to reading it... In this case, I had fun listening to Payback's A Beach as I've become quite the audiobook addict!!

So, what did I think of Payback's A Beach by Falafel Jones? I enjoyed listening to it very much. I liked most of the characters, especially the lead character of Max Fried, who is witty and has a really good sense of humor. I was also happy to see more of Mariel (Max's wife) in this novel as well. The storyline was good and well developed. I didn't guess who the killer was until close to the ending, which was a good thing as who wants to guess the killer to early in the storyline?!?! I liked a lot of the red herrings that were thrown into this novel and kept me guessing as to whodunnit. I also felt that Rob Ellis did a really good job of narrating Payback's A Beach.

I'd rate Payback's A Beach by Falafel Jones 7 stars out of 10 stars! It's an engaging novel and one I finished listening to in two days.

As an added bonus, Falafel Jones is offering readers a FREE CODE for the Audible.com version of Payback's A Beach! This offer is on a first come, first served basis until Falafel Jones runs out of these Free Codes. So, if you'd like to receive one of them, you'll need to email Falafel Jones... For more details on where to email Falafel Jones, check out the following blog post on Falafel Jones's blog.

Until my next post, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the kind comments.
    Falafel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome!! I wish you continued success with your writing,

      Delete