Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ever wonder what writers really think of each other as writers?

This isn't a question I've ever really though about before... That is until I came across an article published on Flavorwire entitled The 30 Harshest Author-on-Author Insults In History.

Boy, is there some mudslinging going on here as these writers don't hold back how they really feel. Vladimir Nabokov on Ernest Hemingway (1972) “As to Hemingway, I read him for the first time in the early ‘forties, something about bells, balls and bulls, and loathed it.” Quite scathing!!

4 comments:

  1. Ever since the beginning of time, there's always been a mud-slinging match between writers. However, it's always in good fun.... that's why it's called 'mud-slinging' and not 'rock-throwing' otherwise we'd hurt each other too much. :P

    But we'd all come with great ideas together.

    Then fight over whose name would come first on the by line on the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... I put in a comment here... hmmmmmm... wonder what happened to it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mozette, I received two emails for your posts to this thread.... I had actually wanted to reply to the 1st post you made. When I came to this thread it was gone?!?! I thought perhaps you'd erased it.... I didn't erase it---- scouts honor! I don't know why your 1st post went missing in action.... Kinda strange that it did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... knew I wasn't goin' crazy. :P

    Thanks... :)

    Us writers can be pretty bad when it comes to pushing each other around, but that's why it's called 'mud-slinging' and and not 'rock-throwing'.... :D
    Having been a financial member of a writers' guild for over a decade, it was something you got accustomed to. However, there was a rule: you couldn't just say: 'You're writing is really shitty.' you had to have a reason as to why is was 'really shitty'... you had to give constructive criticism; if you couldn't, don't bother saying anything. :)

    ReplyDelete