Monday, March 12, 2012

So Faux, So Good by Tamar Myers


I read So Faux, So Good by Tamar Myers earlier this year and was less than impressed by this cozy mystery novel. In fact, I was pretty turned off by this novel and it took me awhile to finish reading it. Usually, I can finish a cozy mystery novel in two to three days, but not this one... I really had to force myself to finish reading it.

I should clarify here and now that I've read several of Ms. Myers cozy mystery novels in the past. All of them were part of her Den of Antiquity Mystery series. I enjoyed reading Larceny and Old Lace, which was the first novel in Tamer Myers' A Den of Antiquity Mystery series. Since then I have read several other novels written by Tamar Myers that have been part of the Den of Antiquity Mystery series. I felt some of the novels in the Den of Antiquity Mystery series were better than others, but overall I still felt all of novels were well written and fun to read... That is until I read So Faux, So Good. I thought the leading character, Abigail Timberlake, was annoying in So Faux, So Good. All she seemed to do throughout much of the novel was shriek, moan, whine or wail. Normally, I find Abigail Timberlake's character to be funny, but not this time around. I also felt the cast of supporting characters were annoying as well and that the story line seemed to veer off in all directions. By the time the end of the novel came around, I was just glad it was over with and I could move onto the next novel. 

I'm surprised that I didn't end up liking So Faux, So Good very much, when I enjoyed reading so many other novels written by Tamar Myers in the past. I haven't given up on reading her novels. I still have a one or two of Tamar Myers' Den of Antiquity Mystery series novels laying around waiting to be read. I'm just hoping the next novel I read by her is more entertaining.

There are many authors out there in the marketplace that write novels that are part of a series. Have you ever read any of these books and been disappointed by one of the novels in the series?

No comments:

Post a Comment