Thursday, April 25, 2024

California Book Club - Alta Journal - Jessica Hagedorn!

 

 

A week ago today, I attended Alta Journal's California Book Club event online with the amazing writer, poet, and playwright, and multimedia performance artist, Jessica Hagedorn. This was the 4th virtual author event I attended this year and I enjoyed this event so much. Ms. Hagedorn gave two readings. Her readings aren't average, to say the least... They are quite captivating.

I'd been so looking forward to this online book club event, because I'd read three of Jessican Hagedorn's novels - The Gangster of Love, Dream Jungle, and Dogeaters back around 2009. All three novels are amazing!

If you're looking for something different in terms of novels, then PLEASE RUN, DON'T WALK and grab yourself a novel written by Jessica Hagedorn. You won't be disappointed.

I have Jessica Hagedorn's novel, Toxicology, lined up to read hopefully sooner rather than later. I have a few books I need to read first before getting to it though. 

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment