Monday, April 22, 2024

California Book Club - Alta Journal - Laila Lalami

 


Last month, I attended my 3rd online virtual author/bookish event this year when I watched Alta Journal's California Book Club featuring author, Laila Lalami, discussing her novel, The Other Americans

I have yet to read anything written by Laila Lalami despite the fact I learned about her as a writer back in early 2021. Laila Lalami was in conversation with writer, Viet Thanh Nguyen, during an online event promoting Nguyen's novel, The Committed.

Anyway, I wanted to learn more about Laila Lalami and her writing, so I attended Alta Journal's online California Book Club last month to hear Laila Lalami talk about her novel, The Other Americans. I enjoyed the discussion very much.

Above is a YouTube video of Alta Journal's California Book Club for March 2024 featuring Laila Lalami should you care to view it.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked Lalami's Hope and Other Dangerous Pursuits, but that's the only book by her that I've read.

    ReplyDelete