Sunday, June 20, 2021

The Poisoned Pen Bookstore - Sujata Massey in conversation with Nev March

On Wednesday, June, 9, 2021 at 5pm, I watched a live virtual author event featuring Sujata Massey in conversation with author, Nev March. This live virtual event was hosted by The Poisoned Pen Bookstore in Scottsdale, Arizona.

During this author event, Nev March and Sujata Massey discussed Sujata Massey's latest mystery novel, The Bombay Prince, which is the third installment of Massey's Perveen Mistry series.

I have not read any of the novels in the Perveen Mistry series, but have heard glowing reviews for this historical mystery series. Since I love both mystery novels and historical fiction novels, this series seems right up my alley. 

However, I wasn't completely sold on possibly reading the Perveen Mistry series. Last year, I'd read and reviewed Sujata Massey's cozy mystery novel, The Pearl Diver, which is one of the novels Massey's Rei Shimura series. I wasn't wowed by The Pearl Diver, so I wasn't sure I even wanted to read another novel by Sujata Massey. When I learned that Sujata Massey would be chatting at a virtual author event about the release of her latest mystery novel, I wanted to hear what she had to say about her latest novel.

I ended up really enjoying The Poisoned Pen Bookstore - Sujata Massey in conversation with Nev March live author event. I liked this event so much that I am now eager to give another mystery novel written by Sujata Massey a try. I'll start with reading the first novel in the Perveen Mistry series sometime in the distant future as I already have so much reading material in my collection as it is.

Below is the YouTube video of The Poisoned Pen Bookstore - Sujata Massey in conversation with Nev March event. Enjoy!


Have you attended any recent author events?

No comments:

Post a Comment