Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Twelve Favorite Movies Based On Novels



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


The following are my top 12 favorite movies based on books:

No Country For Old Men
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Shutter Island
Absolute Power
Memento
The Green Mile
The Shawshank Redemption
The Wizard of Oz
Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
The Color Purple
Red Dragon
Memoirs of a Geisha

So, which movies based on books are your favorites?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh nice set of classic ones!! Don't think I ever read any of these but saw like 3 of them! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunt for Red October is my all time favorite movie and I love the fact that it was based on a book! However, I don't care for the follow up movies of the trilogy...Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, etc

    Also among favorite books to movies are:
    The Hunger Games (Whole Series)
    Harry Potter (Whole Series)
    The Perfect Storm
    Field of Dreams (Corresponding book is Shoeless Joe by Joe Kinsella)
    Percy Jackson (Whole Series, though they have only made 2 movies to date)

    Must mention a favorite of my daughter's: Divergent (Whole Series)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, nice list! I still need to see Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was really good - especially the original Swedish version. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Green Mile and Shawshank have books too? I didn't know that! I'm definitely going to read them as I loved both the movies (both are sad but so well done and such great stories!).

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shutter Island is one of my favorite adaptations, too. I absolutely loved the book and was on the edge of my seat the whole time. And the movie was just as good. Great list!

    ReplyDelete