Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Thanksgiving FREEBIE!!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


Here are my top ten favorite things I am grateful for blogging and book wise this year!

1. I am grateful for all of you who follow my book blog and leave me awesome comments! Thank you for your support!!

2. I am thankful for all the author events I've attended this year. Plus, the Bay Area Book Festival I also attended for the 2nd year in a row in Berkeley, California. I had the chance to meet Sherman Alexie this year at the Bay Area Book Festival and have him sign copies of the books I have of his in my collection!! I was also thrilled to met Amy Stewart once again at an author signing event as well as author Arturo Reverte-Perez, Daniel Handler (aka Lemony Snicket), and Olympic runner Shalane Flanagan to name a few of the authors I've heard speak this year.

3. I'm thankful for all the free books I've received through Goodreads, Netgalley, and from the writers and narrators themselves. I accumulated to many new free books this year than I can recollect!

4. I am thankful and grateful the Audible membership I received as  Christmas gift from my husband! I am totally loving my Audible experience. I am most likely going to request another Audible membership for Christmas this year.

5. I've enjoyed reading over 80 books this year so far and am hoping to read a total of 100 books by the end of the year. I've discovered many new authors to me this year and have read many interesting books so far that it's going to be difficult to come up with a short list of favorites books read for the calendar year.

6. I've been a member of Bookcrossing for almost a decade now and love the sense of community with this world wide book community. I've exchange many books with other readers, learned about many interesting books from other readers, and so much more.

7. I am thankful for all of the wonderful independent bookstores in the San Francisco Bay Area and San Francisco's East Bay that are such a joy to visit. I love getting lost in a good bookstore and buying new books to add to my ever growing book collection. I also especially love bookstores with various book events to attend... And there are many of these kinds of events to attend in my local area!

8. Little Free Libraries are in abundance in my area as well and are a fun way to exchange books with other readers!

9. The annual Bay Area Book Festival in Berkeley, California is an awesome literary event to attend in my neck of the woods as well.

10. I am also very happy that I have been blogging since January 1, 2012 and continue to enjoy writing frequent blog posts on a regular basis. When I first began my book blog, I wasn't even sure if I'd be able to keep posting enough interesting things to attract and keep readers. Or even be interested in keeping up a blog after the first year or two. But as my 5th year of blogging soon comes to a close, I hope that I continue to enjoy blogging on a regular basis in the years to come.

6 comments:

  1. Oh congrats on blogging for 5 years!! THAT IS SO AMAZING. I'm really thankful I started blogging randomly one day because it's so much fun and the community is so lovely and jfadkslad I've discovered so many amazing books. 💕 Also omg isn't audible amazing?!? I have had an off-and-one membership for a bit of this year (haha, I wait for sales so they beg me to come back with 50% off for a month or something😂) but I love it SO MUCH. I think requesting memberships for Christmas is such a good idea!! Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice!! And wow! Almost 5 years now! That's awesome!! I wish my area had more bookish events and these Little Free Libraries I keep seeing on instagram! That's so cool!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love your bookish list!! I used to attend a lot of events but becoming a mom made that a lot harder. I'll start going to them again one day! I live in a pretty rural area but I discovered a Little Free Library close to me over the summer! I have a pile of books to take I just haven't had a chance yet. I'm oddly excited to do it! Great list and happy Thanksgiving!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 5 years, and nice that you still enjoy it! And those Little Libraries are the best. And there's nothing better thana bookstore, especially all the great indie ones. Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 5 years of blogging!
    I love your bookish list of thanks :) Free Little Libraries are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great and thankful heart!

    ReplyDelete