Monday, November 28, 2016

Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke

Unabridged Audio Version
Okay, I've been somewhat on a paranormal kick this year. So, while I was browsing Amazon's website I stumbled across Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke. I saw that there were 595 reviews for Vampire Shift and that this novel has a 4.3 stars out of 5 stars rating!! After reading some of the reviews and the plot summary for Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke, I decided to purchase the unabridged audio version of this novel from Audible.

Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke is a young adult/paranormal novel and the first novel in the Kiera Hudson Series. Vampire Shift is narrated by Keely Beresford. Listening time for Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke is 6 hours, 33 minutes.

First off, I love the cover design for Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke. It has a lovely cover design, which is very well suited for Vampire Shift.

Secondly, I liked the audio production of Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke, because echoing was actually used when the narrator mentions there is echoing, etc. 

However, I felt that Keely Beresford was a so-so narrator. Some of the voices she used for characters was way too cheesy for my personal taste.

And thirdly, I felt that Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke started off very promising. The first couple of chapters hooked you in, but after that things went downhill fast. The story was cheesy, the characters I could care less about, and Vampire Shift wasn't the least bit scary or interesting. I won't even bother reading the rest of the series.

I just can't believe how bad I thought Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke was after I finished it. I almost gave up listening to Vampire Shift on several occasions, but kept thinking it must get better. How could so many people think it was so wonderful on Amazon??

The following is a plot summary for Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke from Audible:
When 20-year-old police recruit Kiera Hudson is posted to the remote town of The Ragged Cove, her life is changed forever. Investigating a series of horrific murders, grave desecrations, and missing persons, with her unique ability of "seeing," Kiera soon realizes her life is in danger. 
But when Kiera falls in love with police officer Luke Bishop, not only is her mind and her heart opened to a terrifying new world, she comes to suspect that Luke might be involved in the killings. In a race against time to unearth the truth, Kiera must discover the identity of who or what is behind the gruesome deaths on the "Vampire Shift".
I am giving Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke a rating of 1 star out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment