Thursday, July 4, 2013

Duchess of Death: The Unauthorized Biography of Agatha Christie by Richard Hack

Unabridged Audiobook 10 CDs
I've been an Agatha Christie fan for many years now and have read several of her novels and short stories during my high school and college years and beyond.

I can't remember when I first became acquainted with Agatha Christie's novels and short stories exactly. All I can add is that after reading one of her novels, I was hooked!

Surprisingly enough though, I've known very little about her personal life -- Other than a few tidbits of information learned here and there throughout the years. 

So, when I came across the unabridged audio version of Duchess of Death: The Unauthorized Biography of Agatha Christie by Richard Hack earlier this year, I decided to buy and listen to it.

This memoir is read by British actor Nicolas Coster and I felt he did a wonderful job of bringing life to 'Duchess of Death: The Unauthorized Biography of Agatha Christie'

I also enjoyed learning a lot of interesting information about the life of Agatha Christie that I would have never know otherwise.... Like the fact that she was a shy person and fairly humble about her success as an author/writer. I was also surprised by how well traveled Ms. Christie was. I was also impressed to learn how much time she actually spent at the archeological sites with her second husband, archeologist Max Mallowan.

My only major complaint about 'Duchess of Death: The Unauthorized Biography of Agatha Christie' is that it was a bit on the dry side and slow in certain sections. Otherwise it was a wonderful memoir and one worth discovering, especially if you're an Agatha Christie enthusiast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment