Thursday, January 17, 2013

Autobiographical Graphic Novels You Maybe Interested in Reading!

I usually don't read many comic books, graphic novels, or manga books. These types of books have largely been unexplored by yours truly... Although, I'm open to reading books from these genres.

In the Fall of 1994, I did read a couple of autobiographical graphic novels for a college English course. Our class was required to read Maus I and Maus II by Art Spiegelman. I remember that both of these books were my first exposure to graphic novels and that I enjoyed reading them both at the time. I liked viewing the artwork/graphics along with the storyline as it gave a new perspective to reading a book.

I recently came across an article published on the Information Technology Schools website titled 10 Autobiographical Comic Books You Should Read. I'm always on the look out for some of the best reads in a genre, so I clicked on the link to take a look at the 10 titles given. This list of 10 autobiographical books, looks like a good one. The list includes Art Spiegelman's Maus collection! I'm looking forward to exploring the other graphic novels mentioned on the list in the future.

Do you enjoy reading graphic novels, manga books or comics? Have you read any of the ones mentioned in the above article? If so, which ones and how did you like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment