Saturday, January 12, 2013

Have You Donated to Your Local Public Library Lately??

Yesterday, I became a member of the Friends of the Carpinteria Library. It's the first time I've actually become a member of the local chapter of the Friends of Library and am happy I finally did because the money helps support the local public library here in Carpinteria.

For me donating to our local public library in some way, shape, or form is important to me. I feel everyone from all walks of life should have easy access to reading books, periodicals, and other educational materials.

Over the years, my husband and I have donated many of our books we no longer want or need from our own personal library, along with dvds, compact discs, and so forth to our local public library for them to sell and raise much needed funds. 


I also regularly purchase books from the local Friends of the Library Used Bookstore in town and all money raised from the sale of books is used to support the library.

At some point, I'd like to be a volunteer at our local library in some capacity when I have more time in my schedule to do so on a regular basis.

Do you volunteer your time or donate goods to your local public library? Share your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment